In order to keep this Wiki free of spam and unnecessary content, there are a few guidelines users must follow when editing and creating pages:
General Wiki RulesEdit
- Spam/vandalism is not acceptable under any circumstances.
- Keep discussion civil (be nice to your fellow users).
- Advertising of any kind is not allowed.
- Server IPs are not to be posted anywhere on the wiki.
- Please add a summary to all of your major edits - this will make the wiki more organized.
- Do not directly copy over content from other websites unless taken from CivCraft.net
- When adding screenshots to an article, make sure the screenshots use Minecraft's default texture pack and no shaders of any kind. The screenshots should preferably be taken at noon in a Minecraft day.
- Pages containing a list of miscellaneous builds the user can make are not to be considered a tutorial. They are to be kept in the User Namespace.
- Pages for Vanilla Minecraft items are never allowed on the wiki unless they are related to a specific Bukkit plugin that alters the use of the item or block from it's use in Vanilla Minecraft.
Reasons for article or file deletionEdit
- Articles about subjects that are outside the wiki's scope, or do not provide viable information that doesn't already fit on existing pages are not allowed. These articles are unnecessary, as they are do not help players or fit better on existing pages.
- When creating an article, include as much usable information as possible and a main image. Pages that don't meet these requirements may be removed without warning for lack of content.
- Stick to the facts - don't create parody/comedic/nonsense/hoax articles or articles that could mislead players. This includes content based on speculation!
- No articles about custom server modifications.
- Articles/Blogs created for the purpose of advertising are not allowed.
- Articles about fan communities are not allowed due to advertising issues.
- Links to external communities within articles are not allowed, unless it is a cited reference.
- We are not a file-hosting service. If an image is uploaded and not integrated into a useful article soon after, we reserve the right to delete it with proper notice. Using our hosting for GUI screenshots, userspace images and general wiki-related images is allowed.
Reasons for banning usersEdit
- Abusing multiple accounts.
- Unacceptable usernames (will be blocked permanently).
Exceptions to these rules may be made on a case-by-case basis. Contact the Admins if you believe your case is an exception. Remember that pages, files, and users that do not follow these guidelines will be deleted or blocked.
We reserve the right to change/modify these rules at any time and without notice.